Download Module-2 BDA 18CS72 Big Data And Analytics 7th Semester VTU Notes Pdf
|BDA(Big Data And Analytics )
(Effective from the academic year 2018 -2019)
SEMESTER – 7th
|Course Code||18CS72||CIE Marks||40|
|Number of Contact Hours/Week||2:2:0||SEE Marks||60|
|Total Number of Contact Hours||10||Exam Hours||03
Introduction to Hadoop (T1):
Introduction, Hadoop and its Ecosystem, Hadoop Distributed File System, MapReduce Framework and Programming Model, Hadoop Yarn, Hadoop Ecosystem Tools.
Hadoop Distributed File System Basics (T2):
HDFS Design Features, Components, HDFS User Commands.
Essential Hadoop Tools (T2):
Using Apache Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Oozie, HBase.
Text book 1: Chapter 2 :2.1-2.6
Text Book 2: Chapter 3 Text Book 2: Chapter 7 (except walk throughs)
RBT: L1, L2, L3
The student will be able to:
- Understand fundamentals of Big Data analytics.
- Investigate Hadoop framework and Hadoop Distributed File system.
- Illustrate the concepts of NoSQL using MongoDB and Cassandra for Big Data.
- Demonstrate the MapReduce programming model to process the big data along with Hadoop tools.
- Use Machine Learning algorithms for real world big data.
- Analyze web contents and Social Networks to provide analytics with relevant visualization tools.