Download Module-4 Crypto 18CS744 Cryptography 7th Semester VTU Notes Pdf
(Effective from the academic year 2018 -2019)
SEMESTER – 7th
|Course Code||18CS744||CIE Marks||40|
|Number of Contact Hours/Week||2:2:0||SEE Marks||60|
|Total Number of Contact Hours||08||Exam Hours||03
Certificates, X-509 version 3, public key infrastructure .
Remote user Authentication principles, Mutual Authentication, one wayAuthentication, remote user Authentication using Symmetric encryption, Mutual Authentication, one way Authentication, Kerberos, Motivation , Kerberos version 4, Kerberos version 5, Remote user Authentication using Asymmetric encryption, Mutual Authentication, one way Authentication.
Electronic Mail Security:
Pretty good privacy, notation, operational; description, S/MIME, RFC5322, Multipurpose internet mail extensions, S/MIME functionality, S/MIME messages, S/MIME certificate processing, enhanced security services, Domain keys identified mail, internet mail architecture, E-Mail threats, DKIM strategy, DKIM functional flow.
Textbook 1: Ch. 14.4, Ch. 15.1 to 15.4, Ch.19
RBT: L1, L2
The students should be able to:
- Define cryptography and its principles
- Explain Cryptography algorithms
- Illustrate Public and Private key cryptography
- Explain Key management, distribution and ceritification
- Explain authentication protocols
- Tell about IPSec
Question paper pattern:
- The question paper will have ten questions.
- There will be 2 questions from each module.
- Each question will have questions covering all the topics under a module.
- The students will have to answer 5 full questions, selecting one full question from each module.
1. William Stallings: Cryptography and Network Security, Pearson 6th edition.
1. V K Pachghare: Cryptography and Information Security, PHI 2nd Edition