The process of obtaining an FIR copy online varies depending on the state or city you are in. Here are some general steps that you can follow:
- Visit the website of the police department of your state or city.
- Look for the option to file or obtain an FIR copy online. It may be available under the “Services” or “Online Services” section of the website.
- Click on the option to obtain an FIR copy online.
- You will be directed to a new page where you will have to fill in the required details such as the FIR number, the date of the incident, and other relevant information.
- After filling in the details, submit the form.
- You will be redirected to a payment gateway to pay the required fee for obtaining the FIR copy online.
- Once the payment is made, you will receive an acknowledgement and the FIR copy will be sent to you via email or post, depending on the option available.
It is important to note that some police departments may not have the option to obtain an FIR copy online, and in such cases, you may have to visit the police station in person to obtain the copy.