Indian Railways is one of the most widely used modes of transportation in India. It is affordable and accessible to most people, and it is constantly striving to improve the travel experience for passengers. One of the ways that Indian Railways has made traveling easier is by allowing passengers to book and modify train tickets online. In this article, we will discuss how to modify an online train ticket.
Steps to Modify Online Train Ticket:
- Visit the official website of Indian Railways – www.irctc.co.in – and log in to your account. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one by registering with your personal details.
- After logging in, click on the “Booked Ticket History” option on the homepage.
- You will be directed to a page where you can view all your booked tickets. Select the ticket that you want to modify and click on the “Change Boarding Point” or “Change Journey Date” button.
- If you want to change the boarding point, you will need to select the new boarding point from the drop-down menu and click on the “Update” button. If you want to change the journey date, you will need to select the new date from the calendar and click on the “Update” button.
- Once you have made the necessary changes, you will be directed to the payment page. If there is any difference in fare due to the changes made, you will need to pay the difference.
- After making the payment, your modified ticket will be generated, and you can download it and take a printout.
It is important to note that there are certain restrictions when it comes to modifying train tickets online. For example, you can only modify the date and boarding point of your ticket if your ticket is not confirmed, and you can only modify the boarding point once. Additionally, you cannot modify tickets that were booked through travel agents.
In conclusion, modifying an online train ticket is a simple and convenient process that can save you time and hassle. However, it is important to keep in mind the restrictions and rules set by Indian Railways to ensure that you can successfully modify your ticket.