Management And Entrepreneurship18EE51 Module-1 Electrical (EE)VTU Notes 5th Semester pdf, Download Module-1 Management And Entrepreneurship18EE51(EE) Electrical 5th Semester VTU Notes Pdf
|Management And Entrepreneurship
(Effective from the academic year 2018 -2019)
SEMESTER – 5th
|Course Code||18EE51||CIE Marks||40|
|Number of Contact Hours/Week||2:2:0||SEE Marks||60|
|Total Number of Contact Hours||10||Exam Hours||03
Management: Definition, Importance – Nature and Characteristics of Management, Management Functions, Roles of Manager, Levels of Management, Managerial Skills, Management & Administration, Management as a Science, Art &Profession.
Planning: Nature, Importance and Purpose Of Planning, Types of Plans, Steps in Planning, Limitations of Planning, Decision Making – Meaning, Types of Decisions- Steps in Decision Making.
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Explain the field of management, task of the manager, planning and steps in decision making.
- Discuss the structure of organization, importance of staffing, leadership styles, modes of communication, techniques of coordination and importance of managerial control in business
- Explain the concepts of entrepreneurship and a businessman’s social responsibilities towards different groups.
- Show an understanding of role of SSI’s in the development of country and state/central level institutions/agencies supporting business enterprises.
- Discuss the concepts of project management, capital budgeting, project feasibility studies, need for project report and new control techniques.
Question paper pattern:
- The question paper will have ten questions.
- Each full question is for 20 marks.
- There will be 2 full questions (with a maximum of three sub questions in one full question) from each module.
- Each full question with sub questions will cover the contents under a module.
- Students will have to answer 5 full questions, selecting one full question from each module.
1 Principles of Management P.C.Tripathi, P.N.Reddy McGraw Hill, 6thEdition, 2017
2 Entrepreneurship Development And Small Business Enterprises Poornima M.Charanthimath Pearson 2nd Edition,2014
1 Dynamics of Entrepreneurial Development and Management Vasant Desai Himalaya Publishing House 2007
2 Essentials of Management: An International, Innovation and Leadership perspective Harold Koontz, Heinz Weihrich McGraw Hill 10thEdition 2016