Download Module-4 Management And Entrepreneurship18EE51(EE) Electrical 5th Semester VTU Notes Pdf
|Management And Entrepreneurship
(Effective from the academic year 2018 -2019)
SEMESTER – 5th
|Course Code||18EE51||CIE Marks||40|
|Number of Contact Hours/Week||2:2:0||SEE Marks||60|
|Total Number of Contact Hours||10||Exam Hours||03
Modern Small Business Enterprises: Role of Small Scale Industries, Concepts and definitions of SSI Enterprises, Government policy and development of the Small Scale sector in India, Growth and Performance of Small Scale Industries in India, Sickness in SSI sector, Problems for Small Scale Industries, Impact of Globalization on SSI, Impact of WTO/GATT on SSIs, Ancillary Industry and Tiny Industry (Definition only).
Institutional Support for Business Enterprises: Introduction, Policies & Schemes of Central–Level Institutions, State-Level Institutions.
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Explain the field of management, task of the manager, planning and steps in decision making.
- Discuss the structure of organization, importance of staffing, leadership styles, modes of communication, techniques of coordination and importance of managerial control in business
- Explain the concepts of entrepreneurship and a businessman’s social responsibilities towards different groups.
- Show an understanding of role of SSI’s in the development of country and state/central level institutions/agencies supporting business enterprises.
- Discuss the concepts of project management, capital budgeting, project feasibility studies, need for project report and new control techniques.
Question paper pattern:
- The question paper will have ten questions.
- Each full question is for 20 marks.
- There will be 2 full questions (with a maximum of three sub questions in one full question) from each module.
- Each full question with sub questions will cover the contents under a module.
- Students will have to answer 5 full questions, selecting one full question from each module.
1 Principles of Management P.C.Tripathi, P.N.Reddy McGraw Hill, 6thEdition, 2017
2 Entrepreneurship Development And Small Business Enterprises Poornima M.Charanthimath Pearson 2nd Edition,2014
1 Dynamics of Entrepreneurial Development and Management Vasant Desai Himalaya Publishing House 2007
2 Essentials of Management: An International, Innovation and Leadership perspective Harold Koontz, Heinz Weihrich McGraw Hill 10thEdition 2016