Microcontrollers 18EE52 Module-3 Electrical (EE)VTU Notes 5th Semester pdf,Download Module-3 Microcontrollers 18EE52(EE) Electrical 5th Semester VTU Notes Pdf
(Effective from the academic year 2018 -2019)
SEMESTER – 5th
|Course Code||18EE52||CIE Marks||40|
|Number of Contact Hours/Week||2:2:0||SEE Marks||60|
|Total Number of Contact Hours||10||Exam Hours||03
8051 Programming in C: Data types and time delay in 8051C, IO programming in 8051C, Logic operations in 8051 C, Data conversion program in 8051 C, Accessing code ROM space in 8051C, Data serialization using 8051C
8051 Timer Programming in Assembly and C: Programming 8051 timers, Counter programming, Programming timers 0 and 1 in 8051 C.
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Outline the 8051 architecture, registers, internal memory organization, addressing modes.
- Discuss 8051 addressing modes, instruction set of 8051, accessing data and I/O port programming.
- Develop 8051C programs for time delay, I/O operations, I/O bit manipulation, logic and arithmetic operations, data conversion and timer/counter programming.
- Summarize the basics of serial communication and interrupts, also develop 8051 programs for serial data communication and interrupt programming.
- Program 8051 to work with external devices for ADC, DAC, Stepper motor control, DC motor control, Elevator control.
Question paper pattern:
- The question paper will have ten questions.
- Each full question is for 20 marks.
- There will be 2 full questions (with a maximum of three sub questions in one full question) from each module.
- Each full question with sub questions will cover the contents under a module.
- Students will have to answer 5 full questions, selecting one full question from each module.
1 The 8051 Microcontroller and Embedded Systems Using Assembly and C Muhammad Ali Mazadi Pearson 2nd Edition, 2008.
1 The 8051 Microcontroller Kenneth Ayala Cengage Learning 3rd Edition, 2005
2 The 8051 Microcontroller and Embedded Systems Manish K Patel McGraw Hill 2014
3 Microcontrollers: Architecture, Programming, Interfacing and System Design Raj Kamal Pearson 1st Edition, 2012