Microcontrollers 18EE52 Module-4 Electrical (EE)VTU Notes 5th Semester pdf, Download Module-4 Microcontrollers 18EE52(EE) Electrical 5th Semester VTU Notes Pdf
(Effective from the academic year 2018 -2019)
SEMESTER – 5th
|Course Code||18EE52||CIE Marks||40|
|Number of Contact Hours/Week||2:2:0||SEE Marks||60|
|Total Number of Contact Hours||10||Exam Hours||03
8051 Serial Port Programming in Assembly and C: Basics of serial communication, 8051 connection to RS232, 8051 serial port programming in assembly, serial port programming in 8051 C.
8051 Interrupt Programming in Assembly and C: 8051 interrupts, Programming timer, external hardware, serial communication interrupt, Interrupt priority in 8051/52, Interrupt programming in C.
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Outline the 8051 architecture, registers, internal memory organization, addressing modes.
- Discuss 8051 addressing modes, instruction set of 8051, accessing data and I/O port programming.
- Develop 8051C programs for time delay, I/O operations, I/O bit manipulation, logic and arithmetic operations, data conversion and timer/counter programming.
- Summarize the basics of serial communication and interrupts, also develop 8051 programs for serial data communication and interrupt programming.
- Program 8051 to work with external devices for ADC, DAC, Stepper motor control, DC motor control, Elevator control.
Question paper pattern:
- The question paper will have ten questions.
- Each full question is for 20 marks.
- There will be 2 full questions (with a maximum of three sub questions in one full question) from each module.
- Each full question with sub questions will cover the contents under a module.
- Students will have to answer 5 full questions, selecting one full question from each module.
1 The 8051 Microcontroller and Embedded Systems Using Assembly and C Muhammad Ali Mazadi Pearson 2nd Edition, 2008.
1 The 8051 Microcontroller Kenneth Ayala Cengage Learning 3rd Edition, 2005
2 The 8051 Microcontroller and Embedded Systems Manish K Patel McGraw Hill 2014
3 Microcontrollers: Architecture, Programming, Interfacing and System Design Raj Kamal Pearson 1st Edition, 2012