Download Module-2 Crypto 18CS744 Cryptography 7th Semester VTU Notes Pdf
(Effective from the academic year 2018 -2019)
SEMESTER – 7th
|Course Code||18CS744||CIE Marks||40|
|Number of Contact Hours/Week||2:2:0||SEE Marks||60|
|Total Number of Contact Hours||08||Exam Hours||03
Public-Key Cryptography and RSA:
Principles of public-key cryptosystems. Public-key cryptosystems. Applications for public-key cryptosystems, requirements for public-key cryptosystems. public-key cryptanalysis. The RSA algorithm, desription of the algorithm, computational aspects, the security of RSA.
Other Public-Key Cryptosystems:
Diffie-hellman key exchange, The algorithm, key exchange protocols, man in the middle attack,Elgamal Cryptographic systems
Textbook 1: Ch. 9, Ch. 10.1,10.2
RBT: L1, L2
The students should be able to:
- Define cryptography and its principles
- Explain Cryptography algorithms
- Illustrate Public and Private key cryptography
- Explain Key management, distribution and ceritification
- Explain authentication protocols
- Tell about IPSec
Question paper pattern:
- The question paper will have ten questions.
- There will be 2 questions from each module.
- Each question will have questions covering all the topics under a module.
- The students will have to answer 5 full questions, selecting one full question from each module.
1. William Stallings: Cryptography and Network Security, Pearson 6th edition.
1. V K Pachghare: Cryptography and Information Security, PHI 2nd Edition